the coronavirus has

everyone going nuts. There are no baby wipes or toilet paper and everything everywhere is running low. It's seriously crazy. I'm used to this when a hurricane is approaching, stock up on everything you'll need while stuck at home with no power or water. This is a different level of craziness. It's worldwide and there's no storm tracking to tell when it might end. While I don't want anyone getting sick, I'm totally excited about this social distancing going on. What more could an introvert ask for? I tried explaining it to Cosme last night. I can't, really. It's just a good feeling.

Back to the crazy shoppers clearing the shelves of necessities. I think I'll end up appreciating this when it's over. It's making me notice little things. With no paper towels in the stores, maybe I should be a little more mindful and use a cloth towel for drying my hands. With limited food, maybe I'll learn to make us use up leftovers. So many times we've said that Papaw would flip if he saw whatever it was we were wasting and throwing out. All of this makes me think back to the things my grandparents did, aside from washing foil, and how useful it would be today. Actually though, the way people are acting, washing foil might not be a bad idea. 

I did order a vacuum sealer for food. It's nothing fancy, just a cheap one that could be here fast. No, it's not advertising sealing dog or cat meat, I just happen to pick those two to cover my address. But hey, desperate times call for desperate measures... KIDDING... I hope


I'm trying to make the most of my space and not let anything spoil. While one of the stores allowed two meat products per household, there wasn't a full selection. You just never know. People are crazy out there and you don't really know what to expect. I guess I'll try it out later. 

Another thing this has made me realize is that while I'm prepared to go into hiding for a short time (it's almost like I've been waiting for this moment), I definitely couldn't do it long term. I don't plan to get all radical, but I should probably keep a few extras of other things. 

Oh well. In the meantime, I have chicken and red peppers on the grill with asparagus and rolls in the oven. I think I might pop a couple of potatoes in the microwave. 

Time to dig in!