I'm fine with the

quarantine, I just don't like the reason behind it. I placed a couple of grocery orders to pick up tomorrow and one will be picked up on Friday. The grocery part of quarantine SUCKS. I don't like how so many things are out of stock. I don't like how my HEB order is taking a week and how once I finally get an available time slot on Kroger, it's unavailable by the time I'm done.

In the meantime, I'm cooking what we have. On Friday I threw stuff together. I put some shrimp in one skillet, corn in another, and asparagus in the oven.

Can you tell I didn't really want any asparagus?  Speaking of which, it finally clicked that I don't need to make the whole bundle at once. It looks like this one might make several meals. We had more of it with tonight's dinner. We had spaghetti instead of the chicken we've been eating on for a few days now. We like it but we're kind of over it. I told Cosme we have to eat it, no wasting. It's shredded chicken with salsa, corn, and black beans. It looks like slop, but it really is good. 

It's good in a tortilla too. He still didn't want it though. I told him that food is hard to come by these days so we have to eat it... and we will. 

And finally, there's the cake I baked because we needed something sweet. 

My usual white with almond buttercream didn't sound good so I went with yellow and chocolate. The frosting might need a little more cocoa powder. 

So that's that. Quarantine and meals.