I really should've started

Christmas shopping months ago.  Like, January.  This is hard work.  I've got my lists going and I'm thinking hard.  I have ideas for most of it.  You know who's hard to shop for?  Mom.  She's picky and if it's something she really wants, she probably already bought it for herself.  More than anything though, she's picky.  She's a lot like Papaw.  The only difference is, Mom will admit it.  I've got a couple of ideas but it's still hard.  Kind of like I go into most things over thinking, I do the same for Christmas.  I think I try to put too much thought into gift buying.  This year though, I've purchased a few things not because it's something that someone has asked for or needs, but I've bought a few things because THIS reminds me of that person and I think they need it.  You know what?  That makes gift buying SO much easier.  So just a heads up, there's a chance Christmas gifts might not be exactly what were wanted but it's what I felt like buying.

There are a few boxes under the tree from Chesney's.  Eric knows it's china.  Does he want china?  No.  Is he getting china?  Yes.  It was place settings left over from what we ordered plus a few pieces from a broken up place setting (that she sold to me at cost).  I'll confess though, he will be getting something else and the china is really just a wedding present wrapped in Christmas paper to look good under the tree.  I did threaten him though that if he didn't watch it, that would be his only Christmas gift.

A few of Lauren's presents are things I thought she could use.  Did she ask for them?  No.  I saw them and decided I thought she could use them.  They're wrapped under the tree.

I messaged somebody last night about coming to replace some fence pickets.  I sure hope they'll do it. I'm not willing to get back there and the price was reasonable.  We just need a fix so the dogs can run around without me worrying about them busting through to the highway.  I know the fence really needs to be replaced but pump those brakes.  One thing at a time.

Okay, let's get back to shopping.  Gift card, anyone?