and just when it seems

like things aren't going my way, I'm back to Even Steven.  I was bummed about the lights yesterday but plugged in a new strand and they worked.  I decided to make the best of it and just add more lights.  Yes, I'll need to take down ornaments but seeing those bright lights kind of pumped me up.

I needed to go to Kroger to pick up my Clicklist order so I thought I'd stop at Walmart for more lights.  I also needed to get something to plug in two more things on the front porch.  I'll post a pic when they come in (Wednesday?) and are set up.  So I picked up my Kroger order and stopped at the gas pump.  I didn't have a credit card on me.  I called Cosme and he still had my card from when we went to eat after church on Saturday.  No problem.  I decided to fill up later.  I did see about $20 in my purse so I figured I had enough to get some lights and a plug.  I headed to Walmart and after I picked up the things I needed, while making sure I didn't go over $20, I headed to the food section to grab some hamburger meat.  I'd already decided to make meatballs for dinner and even though I had ground beef out to thaw, I figured a fresh package would be easier and I could get a head start.  I picked up a few more grocery items before making it to the beef and decided I didn't want to cut it close with my cash so I left it at that.  The ground beef I had would have to thaw in time.

I left Walmart after spending $13 and went home.  I started to bring in the bags of groceries, leaving the heavy stuff for Cosme to get later.  I saw my bag of chicken breasts and noticed another bag with cold stuff.  What?  I didn't order anything cold other than chicken.  I investigated.

It was two packages of ground beef.


Huh...  I figured I messed up and accidentally ordered it.  I checked my receipt and didn't see it.  I called Kroger because that's a lot of meat and I didn't want it to be a test where I am pointed out every time I go to the store as that dishonest lady who thought she was being sly and getting away with something.  Also, somebody else wasn't going to be happy when they got home and didn't have all their meat.  Kroger thanked me for letting them know so they could replace it in the other order and told me to keep it.  So, now I have fresh ground beef.  I also decided since the weather was so pretty, I'd grill burgers instead of making meatballs inside.  Then I realized I probably couldn't pour charcoal on the grill and might not should be lifting the lid.  I made burgers inside and that was fine.

So yeah, Even Steven had me not feeling totally bummed about the lights on the tree.  And today I will start on the lights.  I wasn't looking forward to it when I woke up but then something the doctor told me hit.  If I'm going to do something like that, I have to plan on it taking a little longer with breaks and resting periodically.  I'm going to try it.  I don't have anything else that has to be done today.  My goal is to fix the tree... and make meatballs.