so far everything's going

okay.  This is the tree as of this morning.  All the lights I added last week are still on.  There are still a couple of sections where lights are out but it's not worth the trouble to get them on.  I'll deal with it.


A few years ago, not long after we switched to a 9' tree, Mom told me I needed a bigger tree topper.  You might can see it in the tree post from last week... maybe not though.  When I put the tree up this year, Eric told me I need a star and not a finial.  While Paige and I were out shopping one day, I found a sparkly red star.  I bought it.  It's not positioned perfectly but that's something I'll have to work on another time, maybe.


You know, I'm not into shine and sparkle but when it's about Christmas, my tune changes.  I need it.  Speaking of tunes, I need to start some Christmas music.  I had Alexa playing some the other day but she didn't quite get it at first.  I asked for her to play Christmas music by Elvis.  She started with King Creole and ended up playing it three times with other non-Christmas music.

I woke up on Saturday with tons of motivation to TCB.  I made breakfast for us and then I started cleaning.  It felt good.  I took a few breaks in between chores but I got a lot done and I felt like I'd accomplished quite a bit.  I'm hoping for a repeat today so I can get to a few things I missed over the weekend.  Only a few more weeks until I'm released.  This Wednesday will be 5 weeks since surgery.  Next week should technically be the date of my 6-week followup but the holidays messed that up for me.  Anyway, I can't wait to be back to normal.  I know I haven't mentioned that yet.

I'm hungry.  I need breakfast.  I need to start a roast in the crockpot.  I also need to get started on everything else.