i wanted sweetness yesterday

and I'd had pralines on the brain a week or so back so I made pralines.


I doubled the batch.  For some reason I thought the 15-20 the original recipe made for wouldn't be enough for the two of us.  I scooped them out onto parchment paper to cool and then scraped the pot with a spoon for the dried up residue left behind.  Then I found out that scraping the pot after pralines has a lot more impact than licking the bowl and spoon after mixing a cake.  I didn't feel so good.  I think I might've had too much sugar.  Later on we had ice cream with praline crumbled on top.  I never thought that Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla wouldn't be very sweet.  It's like the sugar overdose fried my tastebuds.  That wasn't very enjoyable, not being able to taste the ice cream, but I ate it anyway.  I should probably have ice cream by itself tonight, just so I can appreciate the taste of Blue Bell.  I should also stock up on more Ginger Ale if I plan on licking a praline pot again.