before surgery I made sure to get

the Christmas tree up and decorated.  I did.  A few sections of lights didn't work so I added more.  I have a whole section out now.  I'm furious.  I'm mad because I can't add more lights without undecorating a large section of the tree and so far, I haven't found an easy fix.  Let me clarify this.  I'm not furious about having to take everything down, that irritates me.  I'm angry because now I'm on the mend and I shouldn't be doing that.  I went to the trouble of getting it up and going before surgery and now it wants to crap out on me.  That's why I'm angry.


One of the pre-lit strands has a few bulbs out on it but I think the main problem is the fused bulb, according to YouTube.  The base on that is longer so my regular replacement bulbs won't reach.  I also learned on YouTube that a lot of the newer trees make it so you can't replace just the bulb.  I tried swapping out a bulb from a new strand into the fused base but that old bulb isn't going anywhere.  I just had an idea though.  I think I'll swap a few of the fused bulbs around to see if anything changes.  Maybe that's not even the problem.  Wait.  You know what the problem is?  A pre-lit tree.  This is my last one.  As much as I hate stringing lights on a tree, I hate this predicament even more.

I'm about to need a Coke.

I did accomplish something yesterday.  I made breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  That was a first in a while.  I also cleaned the kitchen, did a little laundry and made the bed.  I had a sore incision last night but took ibuprofen and went to bed.  My goal for the week is to make all/most of our meals.  Wish me luck.  I'll start with breakfast.  I'll eat my breakfast and try to focus on all the things I can do as opposed to the things I can't.  Oh, and isn't it funny how my brain picks now to decide I need to pressure wash the front porch?  Typical.

Ugh.  I'm going to go take out my frustration on breakfast.  A little emotional eating never hurt anyone, right?