the photo challenge

the other day was "chocolate".  I was thinking of all the ways I could go about it but the only chocolate I had in the kitchen was syrup and cocoa powder.  Then I thought about Psycho and the tour at Universal in CA.  When the tram takes everyone past the Psycho house, they inform you that chocolate syrup was used for blood in the movie.  That was the path I decided to take.  I'd do black and white with a knife and syrup.

I put some newspaper and parchment paper down on the dining table and got a few shots.

I was actually happy with this one.  I think there's something about the lighting.

I didn't really care for this one but considered it for a minute.
Then I decided those just looked more "crime scene" and if I was using Psycho as the inspiration, it really needed to be done in the bathtub.  This is what I came up with.


Speaking of messes, we started working on Eric's room over the weekend.  We patched a hole in the wall and now I'm trying to find the right color to paint.  I'm in a bit of a dilemma though.  The room needs carpet so do I find carpet and then get paint to coordinate?  Or do I ignore the carpet and get the paint to match everything else?  And how do I stay neutral without going back to the colors we have now but lean more towards grey without the room looking way too drab?  I should be able to figure this out.  I mean I didn't take that interior design class way back for nothing.  Oh well, I guess it's back to the Pinterest board.  Until that decision's made, I guess I can continue to take posters, guitars and skateboards off the walls.  Now I just need some motivation to get moving.  I don't see that happening anytime soon.  I think I'll go for a walk instead.