and now the next set

of paint samples I picked up.

I'm pretty sure I know where Cosme's going with his suggestion of blue.  I will draw the line at painting a silver star above the headboard, FYI.
Paint shouldn't be this difficult.  Bottom line is I like blue.  Sometimes the blue starts to look too purple and I don't like purple.  Sometimes the blue starts to look too green and I like green but it doesn't really match... or maybe it does.  Whatever.  I think I'm taking the day off from thinking about paint.  Today I think I'll clean.  I need to clean a little mess going on in Eric's room and it also wouldn't hurt anything if I did a little work in the cat/craft room.

For now I'm starving and am having an egg and toast but I should probably be having leftovers.  I tried a new recipe last night.  Chicken and rice, technically it was Arroz con Pollo.  The recipe is HERE.


This was just before I put the lid on.  It said to let most of the liquid evaporate but that rice still needed to cook so I wasn't sure how much to get rid of.

In the end, I liked it.  I think Cosme thought it was fine.


Looks like I'll be having arroz con pollo for lunch for the next few days... and maybe a few dinners.  I know what'll be for dessert too.  This time of year everyone's all like "pumpkin this", "pumpkin that", "pumpkin spiced latte", blah blah blah.  I'm not a fan of pumpkin but I am a fan of pecan pie and 'tis the season.  I've been wanting one so I finally broke down and made one. 


Pumpkin schmumpkin.  Pecan pie is where it's at.  I still have enough dough left for one pie crust but I think I might make some cherry hand pies for Cosme to give to Eric when they go to lunch tomorrow.  I know those will be safe around me.  What isn't safe is that pecan pie and if I look at this picture any longer, I'll need dessert after breakfast.  I'm getting out of here before I lose that battle.