today's post is short

and late.  I'm really tired.  No, I'm exhausted.  I'm worn out.  I'm ready to make dinner and go to bed.  Wait, I'm making a batch of brownies right now.  I'm ready to sample the brownies and make dinner then go to bed.  It's been a busy day and it's too hot to be busy.  Seriously.

After I made a quick trip to Walmart this morning, I went to the church to help count but we were off and had to find where things weren't adding up.  Counting normally takes about an hour.  Today it took three.  After that I had to run a few more errands around town and then to Lake Jackson.  When I got home my face was red from being in and out of the car.  UGH.  I'm getting tired all over again just thinking about it.  I even made a pit stop at Sonic for a happy hour Coke and it didn't help with my energy at all.

Let me tell you why I went to Walmart this morning.  Yesterday I went to buy detergent.  I got up to the checkout and it came up as $11.97 but it was marked $10.77 on the shelf.  I told the checker and went to get a picture for proof.


No problem.  She fixed it and then asked for the info so she could pass the error along to be fixed.  So I got home and realized I picked up regular detergent and not the HE kind.  DOUBLE UGH.  I knew I wasn't going back yesterday so I went first thing today.  I returned my regular detergent and went through the checkout line with a few other things I picked up.  Guess what.  Did you guess that it STILL came up $11.97?  If so, you'd be right.  Today I made sure that I picked up the HE detergent and that when the wrong price came up, I was ready to show my picture from the day before.  The moral of the story?  Pay attention... which is really hard when you're as tired as I am right now.

On that note, I'm off to TCB around here so that I can fall into bed as soon as dinner's done.