While it's easier to use the

packages of pre-cut stew meat for carne guisada, sometimes I'll buy a chuck roast and cut it up myself.  The other day I bought a shoulder roast.  I cut it up this morning and even though it was ready by 9:30, we waited and had it for dinner.  That shoulder roast was SO tender.  I think I need to use that from now on.  I mixed up some dough for tortillas around 3:00 and got it ready to roll out.  When Cosme took Ellie out for his afternoon break, I started rolling and cooking.


I love a thin, moist tortilla.  I could eat them for days.  I guess it's a good thing I only made 12.  I'm full.

It's too bad I didn't wait to make all this for the cold front that's coming.  That would've been perfect together.  While I didn't think ahead as far as the meal planning goes, I did plan ahead for the baby's wardrobe.  That last cool front had me realizing that she didn't have enough warm clothes.  No worries, I did some shopping and I think she might have enough to get her through winter.  Yeah, she probably has stuff at home but it's not here and here is where I need it.  I bought her a coat, a cape-like poncho, and a cardigan with a unicorn horn.  I bought her lots of pants and long sleeved shirts, with quite a few having unicorns, cats, and caticorns on them.


It's funny because I hated cats and unicorns as a kid.  In fifth grade, a bunch of us thought it would be cool if we had a gang.  We didn't do anything, we just liked the idea of being in a gang of girls.  There was another group of girls who we didn't want in our group so they started their own gang.  I don't remember which group decided we needed names first but they named themselves The Unicorns and our group was The Warriors.  (You know, because none of us had ever been in a fight???)  Our plan was to wear a bandana around one of our legs so we'd stand out from The Unicorns.  It wasn't the best situation because one of my closest friends was a Unicorn.  Anyway, I think all of that might have lasted a week.  The whole Unicorns vs. Warriors thing fizzled out and we were back to spending recess playing four square after that.  Oh well, here I am now buying all things unicorns and cats.

Looking beyond unicorns, cats, and caticorns, these are all cold weather clothes.  I've gone through and am washing them all now, but I'm also thinking a lot of them might be too warm.  Now I'm back online looking for short sleeved shirts she can wear under everything so that shedding in layers is an option.  Oh well, I'll eventually have it figured out.  Until then, there are tortillas.