It seems like the crud is

going around again.  The baby started sneezing last week and now she has a runny nose and is coughing.  If it gets me, I can at least say I put up a good fight.

I started feeling a little something coming on last week.  You know that feeling when you can tell you're trying to fight something off?  I talked to Lauren and mentioned to her how I was feeling.  She told me to take lots of vitamin C.  I took one in the morning but around lunchtime, I took olive leaf extract.  I've been doing that every day, in addition to using peppermint oil and Thieves in the diffuser.


I'd only heard about olive leaf extract about a month or so ago.  I read a comment on someone's post so I googled it.  "Research shows oleuropein, the main component in olive leaf extract, has antioxidant, antibacterial, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and immune stimulating properties.  Historically, olive leaf extract has been used for the prevention or treatment of inflammation, infections (e.g., the common cold, influenza, candidiasis, urinary tract infections, shingles), diarrhea, allergies, and diseases such as Alzheimer's, chronic fatigue syndrome, osteoarthritis, and osteoporosis."  I read that one person started taking that during flu season since bad stuff has been linked to flu shots.  It's not good to take if you have low blood pressure.  My blood pressure's always been on the lower side but I don't consider that technically low.  Like one nurse told me, after taking my BP and making a startled sound and retaking it, I asked if everything was okay.  Her reply while flipping through my file, "it looks like for you it is".  That said, I'm diagnosing myself as not having low BP, but having normal BP for me.  So I'm taking the olive leaf extract and fighting a good fight against seasonal crud.

Now, let's get back to Lauren, the one who told me to take lots of vitamin C.  She's got the crud now.  I asked her today if she's been taking vitamin C.  Nope.  John's had the crud so that was even more reason to remember to take it.

Oh well, I need to start winding down.  Getting plenty of rest should help me fight the crud too.  Also, the baby will be here early tomorrow and I've got to get a roast cut up for carne guisada before she gets here.  In other words, I have to get up early and TCB.

Time to get that diffuser going.