the weekend started with

us at the table having lunch when I heard a noise.  It was the UPS truck leaving a package at the garage door.  IT WAS THE NEW CHRISTMAS TREE!  I started putting it up as soon as I was finished eating.  I was so excited.  The new tree is a slim one.  The old one wasn't too big for the spot but we have more people now so a skinnier tree made sense to me.  I also stocked up on lights the other day, knowing I was done with all the pre-lit drama.  Anyway, we set the stand up with the first section and Cosme left me to it.  I started undoing the branches and fluffing them out.  Once I finished fluffing out the bottom section, I went ahead and put lights on.

Time for the next section.


I called Cosme in at this point so he could see how it looked fluffed.  He didn't like it.  He said it looked like our last tree went on a diet and got skinny.  Maybe I shouldn't have let him see yet.  I kept going and by dinner, I had it almost all up and lit.  The top needed more lights but I was getting tired.  I put the presents under it so I could show Cosme one of the benefits of this tree.  Our last one was too low to the ground so only tiny things could fit underneath.


I decided to take a break and wrap a present that had been delivered.  I came back and all the lights were out.  That is NOT how things were supposed to go.  I plugged the second strand into an extension cord and all the lights came on so I changed the fuses in the first strand.  Everything came back on.  I finished putting the lights on the top section and sat down on the couch.  All the lights went out again.  I then decided to google how many strands can go together.  There was math involved so I decided to check the box.  Five.  Five strands of those lights could link together.  I had 11 or 12.  I decided to call it quits for the night.  I went to Walmart the next morning and got a green extension cord and another with a button for easy on/off.  After that, I got it done.


I tried to keep all the good glass and sentimental ornaments up above what I'm hoping a certain toddler can reach.  I tried to put wooden and plastic towards the bottom.  We'll see what happens when she gets here in the morning.  Also, I did go ahead with the packaging tape for wrapping.  Now, we sit and stare.

If I stare too long though, I'll probably fall asleep.  I'm EXHAUSTED.  I had meat in the refrigerator that needed to be cooked and since I had time today, I made it all today.  I started on meat sauce for spaghetti after I stuck a roast in the crockpot.  Once that was put away, I started carne guisada.  While the roast was going in the crockpot and carne guisada was on the stove, I started dough rising for bread.  While the dough was rising, I found a recipe on Pinterest for what I thought was white chocolate chip blondies with macadamia nuts.  I realized it was just melted white chocolate in blondies.  I got the batter mixed and added a few handfuls of additional white chocolate chips, as well as macadamia nuts.  I'll have to post a picture and share that recipe for future reference tomorrow.  I'm way too tired right now.  Anyway, as soon as the blondies came out of the oven, it was time for the bread to bake.  While the bread was baking, I finished the carne guisada.  The crockpot only had a little time left so we went for a walk.  Is this only wearing me out?  I can't talk about it anymore.  I still have a few dishes to wash and I'm seriously about to pass out.

Oh, I forgot to mention Cosme's final verdict on the tree.  He likes it and thinks I made a good call going with the skinny tree.  I told him he just needs to trust me when I have vision.  Maybe he'll forget about all my painting mishaps and vision in the old house.