when the strawberries look

like this


it's hard to have any leftover for anything else.  I was going to make scones but decided to make the Dutch Butter Cake I found HERE a while back.  While this cake is more like shortbread, it doesn't need anything on top but that's what I do sometimes and I thought it would be good today.  It's a lot like when people use sugar cookie as a crust and make a fruit pizza, but think strawberry shortcake.


I snacked on strawberries and whipped up some cream while the shortbread was in the oven.  Once it was done, I couldn't wait.  I probably only gave it 15 minutes to cool.


Yes, it was too warm for the cream but no worries, it didn't stay on the plate long.

So, 1.5 - 2 cups of strawberries down and a whole lot more to go.  Maybe I'll get around to those scones in a couple of days.  Or pie?  Cake?  Maybe try something new?  Something with strawberries and green onion?  Not really.  But look at how these things are doing.


I'd say they're thriving.  I never planted more but I guess it's not too late.  With all the desserts I'm planning with the strawberries, it probably wouldn't hurt if I walked to the store right now and bought more green onion to plant.  I won't really do that.  How about I just get off my butt and clean?  That sounds like a better idea.