the other day I saw a bug

lying on the floor.  It was on its back and the reason I noticed it was because it was lighting up.  It looked like a roach but I didn't realize roaches had lights in them.  The only thing I could think of was a lightning bug but I didn't see any wings and honestly, I didn't know what a lightning bug looked like close up.  I videoed it and that was that.

I found another one the night before last.  It was on the wall in our bedroom.  I sprayed it with bug spray and when it fell to the floor, I saw the lights going off.  I still thought it could be some sort of alien roach so I smashed and flushed it.

I decided to google bugs that light up tonight and firefly was the only thing I could find.  You know what?  A firefly is actually a beetle and yeah, they do kind of resemble a roach to me.  I think I've been killing fireflies.

You know how lady bugs are supposed to bring good luck?  I decided to google fireflies to see if they mean anything special.  According to a few websites, they're supposed to bring inspiration, hope, guidance, energy, and creativity.  There was also something about "ways of living that are more earth-friendly and soul-friendly"... whatever that means.  What it boils down to is I've basically been killing inspiration, hope, guidance, energy, and flushing creativity down the drain.  On top of that, I've been crushing earth-friendly and soul-friendly living.

But here's a fun fact about fireflies: "Humans are contributing to their decline".
Guilty.

Note: if I see another one, I hope I'll be inspired to let my energy guide me to a creative way of killing it too.  A bug is a bug and if it wanted to live, it should have been a little more earth-friendly in the yard and not in my house.

Note: I just googled alien bugs and I found an article from a couple of months ago about an Oxford professor who says bug-like aliens are walking among us.  He says something about them interbreeding to help with climate change.  (You know, earth-friendly stuff.  Because aliens from other planets are worried about saving this one?)  Oh, the professor also needs more evidence to support his theory.