I dozed off kind of early

last night so when I woke up to feed the cats, I messed myself up.  I stayed up until after 2:00.  I tried everything.  I watched videos on YouTube trying to let people put me to sleep.  One video was How the US Navy Teaches You to Fall Asleep in Two Minutes or something.  I didn't finish it.  One video talked like it was a hypnosis video, having me picture myself having trouble going to sleep and that picture getting further away.  She said "the picture should be pushed so far away, it appears as a dot".  I had already pushed mine that far away so I guess I was going too fast.  When she said "now imagine a picture of you sleeping", I tried but when I realized I was still trying to figure out which would be the best angle for that picture, she was way ahead of me and I didn't know how much I missed.  I stopped that video.  I gave up on YouTube and started reading the news.  I saw that Kate Middleton wore a pair of sparkly shoes with a white dress and everyone loved that look.  I finally turned everything off, just sat still, and eventually fell asleep.  I wasn't stressing over it too much because I knew I'd only have the baby for a couple of hours today.

This evening I tried THIS recipe.  I bought a package of pork tenderloins the other day and those things needed to be made.  I'd originally wanted a Chinese-inspired recipe but couldn't find one so went with this one.  I didn't have whole garlic cloves so had to used minced instead.


It did end up having the flavor to it I'd originally hoped for.  Maybe the soy sauce and garlic did it?  Luckily, my potatoes didn't look the best so I ended up making rice for a side, along with some asparagus.


I think I'll make it again.  Other than minced garlic, I only made a couple of other changes.  I added a little extra orange juice and honey.  It was good but by the time it was ready, I didn't feel like eating too much.

Now that 2:00am bedtime is catching up with me.  Whose brilliant idea was it to make dinner so that there would be a mess to clean up?  Oh well, at least the dishwasher is empty and ready to be filled.

Is 8:00 too early to fall asleep?  I guess if I want to wake up in a couple of hours and stay up until 2:00 it isn't.  Ugh.  Here we go again.