it's been a week and

I'm still sick.  I don't think I've sneezed once today but now I can't stop coughing.  It got bad yesterday so I went to bed with a glass of whiskey on my nightstand.


That helped more than the Hall's cough drops I'd been eating.  I figure it's a lot safer too, not having to worry about staying awake while there's a throat lozenge in my mouth.  I went to CVS yesterday and talked to the pharmacist about coughing due to post nasal drip.  She recommended an antihistamine so I just had Benadryl with my whiskey.

I woke up this morning with a cough that hurt a little so I went to HEB and picked up a two-pack of Robitussin, one for day and one for night.  I got home and took a dose of the nighttime formula and didn't wake up until 1:00.  I took a dose of the daytime formula at 3:00 and now have to wait for 9:00 to take another dose of the nighttime.

I think I'm about to have some more whiskey.