i had an awesome idea

on Monday.  I sent Mom a text asking what she was doing the next day.  She said cleaning.  I asked what time she was planning to start cleaning.  Being familiar with her usual schedule, I asked what if we went to Eric's to hang out at the pool early and she started cleaning afterwards.  I told her we could leave around 1:30-2:00 and that'd put her back home by 3:00.  That sounded about right to me.  I told her to be here at 9:30 yesterday morning and we'd head out.  When yesterday morning rolled around, there was absolutely no sun.  She made it over here and we ended up leaving town at 10:30.  I'd talked to Eric and he said it was sunny there but I didn't see how.  Heading up 288, it was still looking pretty dreary.

We made it to Eric's and he was right.


We spent a couple of hours there, laying out in the sun and cooling off in the pool.  We left a little before 3:00 and stopped in Pearland to pick up barbecue for dinner.  We got back to town and Mom headed home while I headed to the shower.

I can't tell you if she got her stuff done but I can tell you the Kroger version of Benadryl works just as well as the name brand.  I can also tell you that shouldn't have been our first time to do that.