so i made that

almond pound cake, the one from Pinterest that I found here.

I like it.


I like it a lot.

I went ahead and did it in the bundt pan instead of the two loaves.  I'm hoping I baked it long enough.  I did it for the full hour and 45 minutes and the toothpick inserted came out clean but there are spots in it.  Maybe it's spots where cream cheese or egg wasn't blended thoroughly.  I don't know but we're eating it anyway.  Besides, it didn't hurt me when I licked the batter from the bowl.  It's not dry like a lot of pound cakes I've had.  Maybe it's because I didn't overcook it.  Maybe it's because it's just a good cake. This one is good alone but I'm sure it would be just as good with cream and berries.  It would've been nice to have when I had those strawberries leftover from the that "healthy" drink I made the other day.

Now I have to sit here and try not to eat it every time I pass by.  It's raining and got a little chilly over night.  All I want to do is sit around and enjoy being inside and eat cake.  That would be nice but I'll probably keep working on my decluttering.  Actually, I had no plans of doing any decluttering today but as soon as I say I won't, I'll walk by something, think it needs to be thrown out and before I know it, I'll have another bag ready to donate.  I won't make any promises.  I especially won't promise to not have another bite of that cake.