i went to the grocery

store Saturday morning and HAD to wear a coat.  I was shopping and somebody stopped me.  A button had fallen off and they picked it up and returned it.  Awesome.  That night we were going to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers and I would again need a coat.  I didn't want to wear my regular coat because not only was it now missing a button but it's wool (I guess) and I didn't want to end up having to send it to the cleaners this morning.  With my mind made up against it, I picked a coat that I've had for a few years.  I believe it's pleather so that would be perfect if anyone bumped into me with a drink.  I was water resistant for the most part.

Cosme and I decided we'd go to church before the concert.  This was all working out.  The church was only a couple of minutes away and we'd be out around 6:00, giving us plenty of time to meet up with the other couple before the show. 

After finally deciding what to wear, we left the house a few minutes after 4:00.  I found a parking spot on the street and got out to pay the meter.  I told Cosme to wait there for the ticket while I got my regular glasses out of the car.  I looked down in my seat and noticed there was black stuff EVERYWHERE.  What was that?  I looked at the back of my coat and saw my coat was flaking apart.  Wonderful.  The temp for the night was going to be right around freezing and my shirt while was a 3/4 quarter sleeve, was very thin.  I didn't have time to worry about it.  It was 5:00 and we had to get inside.

We walked into the very bright church with its (what I would assume) white marble floors.  We found a spot in one of the pews and I saw a trail of black following me down the aisle and into the pew.  I took the coat off, rolled it up inside out like a burrito and could only panic about what I would do next.  Once we left, I was finally able to hold the coat up for a full inspection and yeah, it looked pretty bad.  It was 6:00 and we had places to go and people to see.  My two options were to wear the coat or freeze.  I wore the coat.  We made it to their hotel and I took it off immediately.  The place was packed.  Not only was there a concert across the street but there was a Texans' game on and everybody was at this hotel bar to watch.  I had to laugh because the coat was THAT bad.  We joked that we couldn't get lost because I was leaving a trail of crumbs everywhere we went.  That was a plus.  Another plus was that no matter what was spilled on me, the coat would definitely end up in the garbage.  One other plus was alcohol.  The more I drank, the less I cared about the coat and actually, the less I even needed the coat. 

Everything was great.  The concert was a lot of fun and afterwards we went to The Continental Club for an Elvis/Bowie birthday celebration.  There was LOTS of singing and dancing.  We had so much fun.  There was so much fun being had Saturday night, we stayed in bed all day Sunday to make up for it.  The only problem with that is there was so much doing nothing yesterday, I've got tons to do today... like taking my coat out to the garbage.

Here's how the coat looks now, after its final wear.

The backside



I'll just make a note that I had NO idea the front was doing the same thing.


On that note, I'm taking the garbage out.

But first, a few pics from the fun times.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers

Dancing with Elvis and the crowd

 Okay, now I'm out of here.