last week cosme brought

a cold home from work.  I did my best to keep it contained and under control.  I washed the sheets a couple of times, I washed the bedspread and shams, I washed the throws in the living room, I regularly sprayed everything with Lysol... you know the drill.  I just had some funk a couple of months ago and I REALLY don't want that again but last night I started getting sniffly.  I took a Benadryl and that was that.  I don't know if it's the weather and allergies or if it's the cold or whatever he brought home.  My symptoms are sneezing, itchy runny nose and drainage.  I'm doing everything I can to keep it at that but really, I'm hoping it's just allergies.  There's been a lot of ups and downs with weather so I'm really, REALLY hoping that's all it is.

What makes it all worse is I'm planning to have Eric's birthday lunch on Sunday.  If this gets out of hand I'll have to cancel so nobody else gets it.  As much work as baking a strawberry cake, key lime pie and frying shrimp is, I'd rather do all that than have the sniffles.  Cross your fingers, say a prayer, send good vibes, you know the drill. 



Must get more Kleenex.  Speaking of having to keep my kleenex at my side, in the middle of all my decluttering I fixed an annoying problem.  First off all, Dollar Tree has tons of little storage bins.  (If you watched enough YouTube videos on decluttering, you'd know that.)  So I picked up a few bins but they didn't fit what I needed them for.  No worries though, I found a home for them.  They are the right height for sliding under the bed so that's where all my devices are when not in use (and their cords follow).  Forget having to store my iPad on the nightstand... it's in the basket under the bed.  My bulky headphones that I love don't have to hang on the drawer knob for convenience anymore... in the basket under the bed.  Charger wires don't have to hang out in the open now... in the basket under the bed.  So now I only have one cord and it goes to the basket under the bed.  Unless, like you see here, my iPhone (that will go from 100% to dead in no time) is about to get used.  It'll look even better once I get around to putting the bed skirt on.

I'm making progress, y'all.  Now let's hope the Benadryl can say the same thing.