we actually made it

to the museum today.  I looked online and saw they offered a few Fast Pass tickets on-site but there were only a few available and those were offered on a first come, first served basis.  We made it to the museum at 10:15 and our tickets for the exhibit were 11:30.  No problem, it wasn't like there was plenty to walk around and see while we were there.

When I was a teenager, MFAH didn't issue stickers but little metal clip on pins.  We always thought we were so clever and would keep these and wear them other places... like to school.  I don't guess I have to spell out what MFAH would stand for.
We saw some awesome ancient Roman and Egyptian artifacts, we saw some Van Gogh, Monet, Manet, Seurat, Renoir, Matisse, Cassatt, Chagall, Cezanne, Picasso, Lichtenstein, and so many more.  I've never really been a fan of Jackson Pollock but I really liked the colors in Overall Composition.  And then there's what was up there with one of my favorites of the day, At the Table of Monsieur and Madame Natanson by Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec

I had to get a picture of this dog's face.  He was horrified that two cows were fighting.


Then came the reason we went.  The exhibit by Yayoi Kusama.  It was two walk-in type of installments.  The first, Love is Calling, was cool.  It almost seemed cartoonish to me but it was cool.  Maybe a better description would be groovy or trippy, I don't know.  It was cool though.  We went in as small groups of probably no more than 10 for three minutes.  It was a room of mirrors with these tentacle-like things sticking out of the floor and ceiling.  They seemed like those inflatable yard things.





The next, Aftermath of Obliteration of Eternity, was just awesome.  It was SO cool.  It was just the two of us in this time, probably since no more than four were allowed at a time.  It was a small room but we were limited to standing on a small platform, surrounded by lights, mirrors and water.  I wish we had three minutes in this one but it was only 45 seconds.  We both really enjoyed this one.
 

After that we left.  We headed down the road for a late breakfast but I'll talk more about that later, maybe Monday.  Now I'm making plans for a mummy exhibit that starts on the 24th at The Museum of Natural Science.  I'm excited about that one too.