well the rain has started

but on the plus side, I don't think it'll be near as bad as the hype.  No, I'm not a meteorologist but I've watched the news for years.  I guess all the people doing their grocery store stockpiling might have more to do with them thinking they'll be flooded in? Maybe?  I don't know.  I mean Houston did take a beating with the flooding a couple of weeks ago.  I'm sure Cosme wishes Houston would have another flood day.  Anyway, the center of the storm is supposed to hit around Matagorda Bay, making us on the bad side of the storm.  But my main worries right now are 1) the luau and 2) drying the yard out for the luau.

Anyway, this was yesterday

 This is today

Not bad at all but again, some of that dry weather sure would help with my to-do list... and the luau to follow.

I've been doing laundry and trying to get the last of it done this morning but here's what's been going on in the laundry room.  Strat and Lucille have found a new spot.

I guess that'll change once I finish.