today is fat tuesday

and Eric had a friend over for dinner.  His friend Simon, the exchange student from Germany, came over and had dinner with us.  I didn't go all out because since tomorrow is Ash Wednesday (no meat and a day of fasting with one meal) I'm making fried shrimp for dinner.  I made club sandwiches, homemade potato chips and had planned on a simple little cheesecake for dessert.  About a week ago, while at the store, I thought fried canned biscuits sounded good.  (Must be thinking about all the carnivals coming up)  Anyway, since I had the grease going for the chips, I decided to cut up a can of biscuits and throw them in there.  I put the dough balls on a plate and covered them with powdered sugar and told the boys to have some.  Simon got up to eat some and told me that is almost the same as what they eat on the Tuesday before Ash Wednesday in Germany.  How strange is that?  Talk about a coincidence.
photo-a-day, day 67