i tried a recipe

from one of my grandmother's cookbooks.  It was typed out with her name at the bottom and listed her university so this tells me she must have tried it and possibly submitted it for something.  It's different.  I made it yesterday and that was possibly the last time.  It's a chocolate cake with marshmallows and pecans and a chocolate icing drizzled over it.  It's okay but different.  The first drawback?  Marshmallows.  I prefer marshmallows when they're roasted to a perfect black outer coating or melted with butter and mixed with rice krispies.  Occasionally I'll eat a couple straight out of the bag.  These marshmallows are sprinkled over a hot cake to melt.  The second and biggest drawback?  Egg in the icing.  I have no problem licking batter or eating raw cookie dough with egg mixed in.  That's different though.  This is an egg mixed into a cake's icing.  How do I store this?  In the refrigerator?  Will I get sick if I eat it tomorrow?  Did the egg cook when I mixed it into the heated mixture on the stovetop?  UGH.  This cake leaves me with way too much to worry about and it's just not worth it.
photo-a-day, day 74

You have to admit all that hot, chocolate icing oozing down the cake doesn't look that bad.