it's monday morning and

Maggie is running and jumping with no problem.  A squirrel finally fell out of a tree yesterday.  Cosme said the dogs bolted over to it and that Maggie must have jumped eight feet to try to snatch it after it made its way back up to safety.  Her meds are working.  I noticed this on the inside of her leg, just above her paw.


One mark was definitely there on Thursday but I just noticed the other on Friday.  I didn't know if it was always there or if it has something to do with her injury.

It seems like I'm seeing s'mores stuff everywhere.  Maybe it's a summer thing but everyone is pushing the ingredients.  Even Dairy Queen has a s'mores blizzard, which by the way is AWESOME.  After I tried it, I still had s'mores on the brain.  I've only had one once so I bought the ingredients and made some more s'mores.  Meh… I'm not a big fan.  I like graham crackers, I like chocolate bars, and I love roasted marshmallows but as it turns out, I just don't really like them together.  I only made the two and after that I skipped all the hassle and just had roasted marshmallows.  Yum.


I think I'll stick to deconstructed s'mores from now on, unless it's in a DQ blizzard.

We made lunch yesterday and it was SO good.  After I prepped baked beans and macaroni and cheese and cooled off a little, we got the grill going and made barbecued chicken.


It was seriously an awesome Sunday summer lunch and the combination together was just typical outdoor bbq stuff.  I told Cosme we need to make bbq chicken more often.

I also made a trip to Brazoria yesterday to borrow the chainsaw and stopped to take a picture of one of the local beer joints.


The new thing around here seems to be painting people on buildings and in most cases, it's country stars.  I do think Cooter Brown's Country Club looks better with the artwork.

I'm going to start laundry now before I lose every last bit of energy and end up like Strat was over the weekend.


Goals.