i don't always make soup

but when I do, it's in the middle of June and 100 degrees outside.  I was actually going to make a different soup with tortellini and spinach, along with sandwiches.  We had the sandwiches over the weekend and thought they'd be good with tomato basil soup.  We did that instead.  I found the recipe HERE and halved it by only using a 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes.  I also didn't have enough fresh basil and used half fresh and half dried.  I'll definitely make it again.


The sandwiches were awesome with it.  I used sourdough, a little mayo, ham, salami, pepperoni, and havarti cheese.  I put them in the skillet with a little butter and they're good alone OR dipped in tomato basil soup.

Speaking of food, I think I need to change out the Kibbles n Bits for a while.  The dogs have been eating a lot of grass and I think they might need something a little different.  I'll make a trip to Kroger this morning to get a bag… SINCE JURY DUTY WAS CANCELLED!  I looked up the city's website last night to see if I could get more info on what municipal court's all about.  I just happened to see where they listed a phone number instructing potential jurors to call the night before to confirm.  I called.  Everything has been resolved.  That's awesome.  That also means the exterminator can come as scheduled.

Another awesome thing happened this morning.  Cosme turned on the tv really early.  There was a Roger Federer match scheduled (obviously in Europe or something) and all I remember hearing was "rain delay".  The tv turned off and there was no tennis this morning.  I think I might've gone back to sleep with a smile.

Back to the dogs.  You know, they've already been out for the bathroom and I was about to give them breakfast but I think I might run go get a new bag of food instead of starting them off with the Kibbles n Bits I already have.  Oh well, I guess it's off to Kroger at 7:00.  I should probably get dressed first.