for years now

everything has turned into a wipe for convenience.  Don't want to grab a paper towel and Windex?  Just get the Windex wipes.  Don't want to get a rag and Clorox to disinfect something?  Grab a Clorox wipe.  Running errands and want to clean your hands?  Stop and use the Wet Ones wipes.  Finished the toilet paper step in the bathroom?  Grab a butt wipe.  My point is, there is a wipe for everything now when the solution was basically a rag and soap/water way back.  Since a baby will be here in a few months, I've been checking out clearance racks because I love a good deal.  I even picked up some baby wipes that were on sale for less than $1. While I was picking up a few onesies that were marked down to $1, I found something else.


Reusable wipes.  Wouldn't that just be a washcloth or rag?  While the reusable wipes were also marked down, I passed and figured that if I needed a reusable wipe, I'd either use a disposable wipe… or a washcloth.  Whatever.

I tried a Pinterest recipe yesterday.  It was THIS one for Garlic Butter Steak Bites.


We had it with mashed potatoes and a salad and liked it.

The dog situation is still not good around here, even though the cop called to let me know he dropped my ticket.  They got out Wednesday before last (when I got my ticket), then Maggie got out last Wednesday, and they both got out on Saturday.  We are going to have to wire our entire fence.  I drove around behind the fence on Saturday and there they were, just hanging out in a culvert at the drainage easement under 288.  Maggie came and got in the car, dirty and wet, while Archer panicked and ran back to the fence.  I was FURIOUS.  So until we can get the welded wire hung inside the entire fence, the dogs are basically in prison.  They have supervised breaks for meals, bathroom, and recess.  It's a lot.  The fence isn't that hard to do but the heat is kind of brutal and there's also poison ivy in places.  It's really not an ideal situation.  In the meantime though, I'm realizing why people make a big deal about sitting on their porches and having coffee in the mornings.  During the morning chow time, I sit there with my iPad while they eat.  I like it.


Once they're done eating though, times up.  Food is about the only thing keeping them preoccupied with no interest in climbing onto my chair or licking me.

Can you tell we don't have Trugreen treat the back?  The yard was just mowed on Thursday or Friday and look at the crab grass.  Oh well, I can't worry about that right now.  I actually might try to get out there this morning to hang some wire.  It depends though.  I think 7:00 is too early to be out there hammering so I always try to hold off on noisy stuff until 8:00.  We'll see how bad the temps are then.

I think for now though I'll go take some Zyrtec.  Let's start this day off right.