I don't know how much work

will get done on the fence this weekend.  There's supposed to be a lot of rain.  It would be awesome to get some done if there are rain breaks while the clouds are still out to shield us from the sun.  I doubt it'll happen though.

In the meantime, I changed the dog food Wednesday morning.  I bought a small bag of Abound from Kroger.  It's one of those healthy, free of everything foods.


I started them out with a little on Wednesday morning, a little more in the evening and same for yesterday.  They really like it and haven't been snacking on grass since.  I'm wondering if the bag of Kibbles n Bits I bought is bad or tainted or something.  Oh well, I'll let them finish this bag and maybe get another small bag of it or a small bag of Purina One.  (They used to eat Purina One as well as Beneful and were fine with both.)  I don't want to keep them on this free-of-everything food.  I feel like they need the regular stuff.  My opinion is if you cut that extra stuff out, you almost make yourself intolerant to it.  I'm sure the dogs of yesteryear managed without all the special foods, just like their owners managed on regular food.  Now if you (or your dog) have issues from the beginning, then sure, don't eat what makes you sick but don't go and create problems for yourself.  My blog, my two cents.

I also picked up a roll of Bitter Bandage at Tractor Supply.  Since the vet said Maggie needs to be trained not to lick her feet, I'm starting with this.


I bought the pink one with hearts because she's a girl and needs the cute one.

It was a struggle getting it on at first.


I'd never pull it off as a nurse with my bandaging skills.  I'm definitely no Florence Nightingale.

I put the dogs back in the cage and…


A little bit later…


I let them out for recess and decided we'd try this again and I'd get her in a better position for wrapping.  They ate a little more of their new food.


They ran around a little.  Archer chilled a little while Maggie tried to catch dragonflies.


Maggie rolled around in the yard a little.


I'm also pretty sure there's a critter living under our shed because they've been tracking something and now they're set on getting under the shed.

So after they had enough, I wrapped her foot again and brought them back inside.


(looks like my bandaging skills might be improving)

And she didn't start licking it.


When I got up this morning, she still had the bandage on… but was licking above it.

Next?  I'll wrap her entire leg, all four if necessary.