i haven't been around

for a few days because I've been feeling blah.  Not even blah, more like blgh.  I've been convincing myself I will not get sick.  It started on Halloween.  We had already decided not to do anything.  We'd stayed up late watching the Cowboys WIN on Sunday night and then we figured there wouldn't be very many kids out on a Monday.  I picked up a few bags of candy a few days earlier and figured the less candy I bought, the earlier of a night it would be.  That morning I was fine and looking forward to my early night.  Then noon rolled around and I started seeing costume posts on fb.  That did it.  I took the bait.  I wasn't going to get too elaborate with it.  I figured a couple of red flood lights and a fog machine would work (all left over from our Walking Dead theme).  The only problem was that just after I got it set up, I started feeling a little lousy.  I ate some Airborne gummies and that had to work.  (I should mention I was totally out of Zyrtec and nasal decongestant.)  I pulled myself together at the last minute and painted my face.  I put on one of Dodo's old wigs and ran to the kitchen for several spoonfuls of black frosting.  I went back to the bathroom and just about wet my pants from laughing so hard.

Dodo's wig wasn't really working with my cape and I looked a little more crazed escapee than ghostly vampire.  I couldn't find my straight black wig so I went with the curly and had to tie it back because it was looking a little on the crazy side too.  Then I decided to ditch the cape because the string was totally blocking the "gash" in my neck.  I pulled out the fortune teller shawl and went with it.

I wasn't feeling my setup but stayed on the front porch and stuck with it. 

Then the sun went down.  This was my view.

This was me on the front porch.

I heard different reactions from parents, everything from "this is amazing" to them telling their kids to "just be brave".  It was awesome.

What was even more awesome was the fact I only had two flood lights and a fog machine to put away the next morning, especially since I wasn't feeling the best.  Yesterday I was feeling even worse and finally made it to Walgreens to pick up some Zyrtec.  Between Zyrtec and ibuprofen, I'm feeling much better today... but I won't be for much longer if I don't go take some now.

I'm also thinking about going back to that Wordless Wednesday I did several years ago.  We'll see.  Now I'm getting up while I have Zyrtec on the brain.

No comments