i looked at the

clock at about 5:45 this morning and jumped up to grab all my bags and headed to the beach.  The other day sunrise was 6:22.  I thought I really had a good chance of finally making out to the beach to catch sunrise and not just the tail end of it. 

When I got there I was a little disappointed.  It didn't look promising.

There was a little bit of pink, giving me a glimmer of hope.

Then there was a little more pink.  As tempted as I was to turn around, I figured I was already there and I would just stick around.  It was already 6:20, a few more minutes wouldn't hurt.

Then the pink got darker and all of a sudden I saw orange!  I made it for sunrise!  I finally made it!

I was so excited.

This guy and his dog made it for sunrise too.

And then they got out of my way.

Then I decided to go vertical and just like that I felt like an O.P. ad.

I have a couple of favorites but I'll post them over on the Lens Captured blog HERE.  Go check them out.

Maybe tomorrow I'll finally capture the alligators.