my intentions were

good but I just can't say the same for my oomph.

A while back I talked to a friend on FB.  She was doing the whole Couch to 5k program.  For anyone that's not familiar, it's designed to make runners out of couch potatoes in a matter of weeks.  (I think 8 or 9)  Anyway, it sounds doable.  It's only three days a week and for someone who hasn't run since PE in junior high, it sounds like the ticket.  The first day is a 5 minute walking warm up then for the next 20 minutes, it's a rotation of 60 seconds of jogging with 90 seconds of walking.  It ends, I'm guessing, with a 5 minute cool down walk because it's a total of 30 minutes.  So I've been considering this for a while but I didn't want to go to an open track or anywhere alone.  When the fence entered the equation, I figured that would be perfect.  I would do it in the backyard.  I was going to start on Monday to keep my schedule lined up but got busy.  When Wednesday came, I figured I'd just get out and do it.

Yesterday I came home from pictures in West Columbia and got all ready to go.

I tried.  This is how far I got.  (Oh, and the cool thing is you can play your own music and a lady chimes in and tells you when it's time to change between walking and jogging.)  Not long after she told me I'd reached the halfway point, I pretty much said "screw it" and went to lie under my "new" shade tree.

I'll probably try it again.  In honor of my attempt, I'll play the video for the song I was listening to when I most recently realized that running sucks.



In related news, my knee feels ten different ways of jacked up.