i'm stopping in for a

little update.  Remember that magical unicorn I mentioned?  I think he was eaten by the fire-breathing dragon.  So I didn't get an appointment with the dentist yesterday but I did get a haircut.  (Woohoo!)  This morning was my appointment with the dentist.  I was really hoping that a filling replacement would work, but I had doubts.  I sat down and the tech did a couple of x-rays... "you probably need a root canal".  He didn't know for sure but sent the dentist in to check.  (By the way, the dentist kept going on at how well I did with the temporary filler from Walgreens.  I said I guess I missed my calling... yeah, like I'd EVER dig around in someone's mouth.)  Yep, it was confirmed, kind of.  It looked like I needed a root canal UNLESS... they got down in there and saw that the roots/nerves/whatever were okay.  So basically, worst case scenario I was leaving with a root canal but definitely no less than a temporary crown.  After all the bad news and headache I've endured over the last day or two, guess what.  My roots/nerves/whatever looked fine.  They want me to make sure that in the next few weeks, while I'm waiting for my permanent crown, that I have no heat sensitivity in that area.  So my prayers are being said, my fingers are crossed and my lucky charms are working at full speed to avoid a root canal.  I was so happy after leaving Dr. Schleicher's office, I stopped at Moeller's Bakery for petite fours.  Not only do I deserve them but hey, somebody has to help him stay in business.  In the meantime, I'm accumulating so many crowns, I'm starting to think I'll be mistaken for a pageant queen.