wednesday, march 17

 
we got up and caught the bus and headed through the tunnel for New York City.  I took the first picture because it's funny.  We got on the bus and Mom was up by the bus driver talking.  I understand we were curious to know how many stops it made and what its final destination was but I'm sure she said/asked a lot more than that.
Our first stop was Times Square.  I have one picture and it's not the best.  Eric was not in the best mood because not only was it crowded but I wanted to stop in the middle of this crowd for pictures.  We knew there would be a St. Patrick's Day parade but we just didn't know where.  Since none of us were interested, we headed to Rockefeller Center.

After going to the top, the plan was to head to the street for more sight-seeing.  We walk out of the building and were smack-dab in the middle of the parade.  We were actually standing alongside some women who had also exited the building but this was an area that had been blocked off.  I heard drums and bagpipes.  Then I wanted to watch the parade but NYPD had other plans.  I got an attitude with a cop.  I was in an unpleasant mood for a while after that.  We started off down the street to find food for Eric.  The St. Patrick's Day revelers were everywhere - which did not help my mood.  We finally went to Five Guys Burgers and Fries.  I didn't eat because that's how I operate.  I cannot eat a big meal and then be expected to walk around the city.  Once I eat, I'm done.  Yeah, I know these restaurants are everywhere but we'd never been and finding a place for Eric to eat was getting difficult.  Cosme and Eric loved the food.  We walked for a bit but we really couldn't get anywhere because there were so many road blocks.  It was frustrating.  We took the subway to Brooklyn and grabbed a snack and drinks then walked back over the bridge.  Not long after that we headed back to the bus station (which was another half hour of crazy right there).  I know I've left stuff out but it was that kind of a day.  We didn't do a whole lot but we saw quite a bit.  I learned two things from this trip to New York... 1) It cannot be done in a day and 2) NEVER go on St. Patrick's Day.