the morning after

Boston we loaded up and drove to Salem.  There wasn't much open because the tourist season didn't start for another two weeks.  (If you happen to be going to Salem next week, you're in luck.)  We walked around and saw a few things and had pizza here.  (At this point I'm realizing these aren't the easiest days to be going without bread.)  They did have spinach squares that I ordered.  They were really good.  It probably wasn't the best selection though because I (keeping this short and sweet for the fear of TMI) had to miss out on The House of the Seven Gables.  I might not have been able to take the tour but I can say that reading several books has been added to the top of my to-do list.
Here's a random shot.  You'd never guess how much I like this area by the number of pictures I made.  Seriously, I really like Boston and Salem.  They are such cool places.

After leaving, we headed towards New Jersey.  We had no plans of driving in New York City and figured New Jersey was a fast and easy place to stay.  It was nice there.  Even though the hotel didn't have any non-smoking rooms available, they had recently remodeled and allowed us to make sure the room was okay.  We arrived in time for dinner.  We took the hotel shuttle to Outback.  I was totally bummed.  Seriously, Outback?  Why would I want to go to Outback when they are all over the place here?  I wanted something I could only get in that area.  Okay, okay... I wanted White Castle.  I know the whole bread thing was an issue but I was willing to take it off.  So, we went to Outback.  I admit it was good and easy to walk to.  Next stop... New York City.