note to self

"you STILL don't like to use Match Light charcoal".  I don't know why I thought I'd like it any better yesterday than the first time I tried it.  Yeah, the coals were ready in no time but all of our food was thrown out.  We didn't finish our burgers because they tasted like they'd been marinating in lighter fluid.  To make it worse, the few bites we did have lingered with us for the rest of the evening.  A quick trip to Taco Bell solved it all.  Dinner served.  Okay, so maybe Taco Bell isn't the best or even close to it but it filled us up and we did have cake to top it all off.  I made a white cake with chocolate buttercream frosting.  (Okay, technically it wasn't white since I used the whole eggs but you get the picture.)
Oh, I also have to post what we had for dessert the night before.  I made a pecan shortbread.  It tasted a lot like the Pecan Sandies cookies so I think I might use the same recipe and make cookies of it one day. The toasted pecans in it were so good.  Anyway, I whipped up some cream to put on top and sprinkled strawberries over that.  The shortbread pieces were a little crisp to eat with a fork so it was easier to put a little less of the topping on and eat it like a slice of pizza.  Here's the shortbread with strawberries and cream.
I think I need to eat breakfast now.