So that broccoli cheddar soup I made

last night was good.  I found the recipe HERE.  As usual, I didn't really measure anything.  I used one thing (head? crown?) of broccoli, two carrots, and part of an onion.  I eyeballed all of the seasonings.  I almost had two cups of broth in my carton so instead of opening a new one for 1/8 c, I just added water to top it off.  I didn't have half and half so I used 1 c milk and 1 c cream.  I didn't use the full amount of cheese.  I kept it at about two handfuls of sharp cheddar and then sprinkled 1/8 to 1/4 c of parmesan.  I also cooked the broccoli and carrots in the microwave for about five minutes before adding them to the pot.  Anyway, here it is.


I'd make it again.  I am glad I made it last night though.  I don't know if it was because of it being a new recipe or me just being unprepared (or both), but I was definitely all over the place.  There's no way I could've done it with the baby here.  Oh, another reason I'm glad I made it last night?  It's cold and we had hot soup ready to go today.

I should have a helper with cooking before too long if everything goes according to plan.  I gave the baby a pot this morning with a spoon and she was on the floor stirring.  I added some Cheerios so she could stir those and snack.  So basically, she ate breakfast on the kitchen floor out of a pot.  We're prim and proper like that.

Let's get back to that cup of soup.  It was really good five hours ago.  Now, where's the rest of my dinner?