I figured I could make it a

solid week between my last post and this one, but then I decided I'd go ahead and do it because I have time RIGHT NOW.

Here's what's been going on.

Something came over me this weekend and I baked.  It's like I was going through withdrawals and had to bake everything.

I made Strawberry Shortcake Scones.


I did the glaze a little different this time.  Instead of using only vanilla, I used half vanilla and half almond extract.  I also added a couple of TBS of melted butter.  I'm giving those two thumbs up.

I also made cookies.  I found this recipe online for Chunky Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies. Peanut butter cookies are right up there alongside sugar cookies as far as my favorites go.  While chocolate chip isn't my favorite cookie, I usually won't turn one down.  Oh, and I do like chocolate and peanut butter candy.  When I found this recipe, it sounded like it'd be the ultimate cookie.


I was not disappointed.  Looks at those pieces of peanut right there with the chocolate chips.


Yum.

I also made Skillet Focaccia.



I've made it before but I also decided I'd make chicken with fettuccini alfredo so I thought that bread would be a good match.  I've mentioned lots of times that as far as Italian food goes, I prefer marinara.  I can eat the creamy sauces if I'm in the mood, but it can't be much.  Marinara on the other hand, I could eat that every day.  So I broke down and made alfredo sauce.  I made the chicken like I'd do it for chicken parmesan.  We had the pasta and sauce served over it.  It was really good.  So good, I didn't stop to get a picture until I was done.


I found the recipe on YouTube.


I subscribed after that.  I sent the leftovers home with Eric and Paige because I don't think I'll have alfredo sauce for a while.  I seriously OD'd.  I spent the rest of the night with major indigestion, lots of nausea and a little vomiting.  I did watch her video for eggplant parmesan and plan on making that this week.

I haven't only been baking.  I also ordered a new pair of tennis shoes.


I tried them out this morning, going for a walk around the block.

I stopped to get this picture while I was out.


We had the house and driveway pressure washed the other day.  This is our section of sidewalk at the property line.

Here's everything.


It looks SO much better.

I'm also really excited about Mulligan's, a Top Golf-like place they're opening close to the house.  Yes, we used to live closer to an actual golf course and driving range but this is different, it's more chill.  Wait, I guess golf is pretty chill.  It's just different.


Anyway, I can't wait.  I followed them on fb just so I can stay updated.  They're opening pretty soon.

I also had Amazon suggest a few things to me:


For him.  Because girls don't like Star Wars?  Or is it because girls don't make waffles?

For her.  Because guys don't like to relax in overgrown fields?

For teens.  And grown men acting like teenagers?

For kids.  Bath bombs?  That's weird.

Speaking of Amazon, I need to go order new earbuds.  They were recommended for the dogs.  Just kidding.  I think I'll do some laundry after that.  I guess I should check the refrigerator for dinner options.  There definitely won't be any baking.