I was heading out

to run an errand on Thursday.  I was going out through the garage and the door wouldn't open.  I went out through the front door and did whatever it was I was heading out to do.  I didn't think much about the garage door and just mentioned to Cosme to use the front door when he got home that evening.  I was busy on Friday and didn't think much about the door, until I got home later that day and had to walk all the way around to the front door.  I went out to check out the situation, being the garage door expert I am, and I saw the problem.


A broken spring.  Since it was late (already after noon) on Friday, I decided to wait until Monday to call anyone about it.  They came out yesterday and, of course, my springs aren't a standard size and need to be ordered.  So until Thursday, which happens to be my next garbage day and I can't say 100% that it will be fixed by the time the garbage truck rolls around, I need to figure out a way to store my garbage since my cans can't leave through the garage.  (I'm not rolling my nasty can through the house.  It's disgusting and I almost told the garbage men to take it a few weeks ago.)  Oh, and also until then, I'm buying as few things at a time as I can from the grocery store.  I can only handle one load from the car to the front door before I get annoyed.  Whatever.

The eclipse was yesterday and I didn't watch.  Cosme took his welding hood to work.  I was here at the house and only accidentally looked up once.  (It wasn't to see the sun, I was doing something and had to look up and there was the sun.  No worries, I'm fine so far.)  Afterwards, I saw this how-to for eclipse glasses where all you need is a cereal box.


Where are they buying their cereal?  I eat a lot of cereal and I have never seen a box that big.  Not even Costco sells them in boxes that big.  All they do is bundle up regular boxes and there you go.  That looks more like a box that a vacuum cleaner came in.  Or maybe an assembly required shelving unit.  Or maybe they ordered their cereal from Amazon and they're using the Amazon box because the cereal box is still in the pantry.  I don't know.  I do know that cannot be a cereal box.

I'd really like a box of cereal right now.  I have plenty and I'm ready for breakfast.  Lucky Charms sound delicious but... one box is almost empty and that just means more garbage I have to store until Thursday.  Ugh.  Maybe I could order a new, non-disgusting garbage can from Amazon and save that box for the next time I need an empty "cereal" box.