at one point I

had it in my head that I wanted to make raspberry thumbprint cookies so I bought a jar of raspberry stuff.  This stuff right here to be exact.


I knew I needed to make a dessert yesterday (just because we didn't have anything sweet in the house) so I went to my Pinterest dessert board.  I saw the thumbprint cookies and that really sounded like more effort than I was willing to put in.  I started scrolling through recipes that sounded easy enough and then I'd check the ingredients list to see if it was doable and then I came across THIS one for Strawberry Shortbread Bars.  While it sounded easy enough, I knew I didn't have strawberry jam on hand.  Then I remembered the jar of raspberry.


Thank goodness it only makes a 9x9 pan because they're good.  They're REALLY good and just as awesome, they're REALLY easy.  I'll definitely make these again... but no time soon because they're kind of addicting.  Maybe next time I'll try them with strawberry like the recipe calls for... or maybe even blueberry... YUM.  I won't deny it either.  I already had one this morning.

I should probably get up and walk away because the longer I sit here and stare at this picture, the more I'm tempted to reach over and grab another one.  I don't guess there would be a problem with that.  Raspberry fruit spread and shortbread.  Isn't that basically like having toast with jelly?  I like the way I think.