on the agenda for today

is a tres leches cake.  I'm going to half the recipe so I only need these three eggs to get room temperature before I can start.


Sometimes I get tres leches with a creamy topping and other times it's a marshmallow type topping.  I'm trying the marshmallow way today because it's my favorite.  Ninfas on Navigation has it like this and I seriously think it's one of the best.  (At least it was the last time I had it.)  So once the eggs get up to room temperature, I can make the cake and then let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours.  Maybe I should just make the whole recipe and not just half, considering how long it takes to make.  Oh well, I guess if when I finally get around to trying it tomorrow, if it's awesome, I'll take more eggs out.

Speaking of food, last night's dinner was spaghetti with marinara and chicken breasts that I cut up and cooked in a pan.  Guess what it was topped with...

My basil.

Actually, this picture wasn't from last night's dinner but it's today's lunch.  It's 11:00 and I just finished lunch.  In my defense, breakfast was a piece of toast at 6:00.

Now maybe I'll finish it off with strawberry cake that Mom didn't pick up on her way out of town.  Actually, the cake will have to wait.  I'm stuffed.  Maybe if I get up and get busy I'll work up an appetite again.  I'll try it anyway.