so our flight was

scheduled to leave for Miami at 1:10 last Wednesday.  I guess I didn't do my calculations very well because when we arrived at 12:19 it was too late to check our luggage in.  The funny thing was there was a guy in front of us who arrived at the same time to catch the same flight and was in the same situation.  We moved to the 7:30 flight and hung out at IAH for that entire time. 

So what happens when you miss your flight and have to wait for 6 hours?

You go to Landry's and have a shrimp cocktail


and french fries


and several drinks.

Then you sit and take pictures while trying not to look creepy.


You also look at the schedule and see that 1:10 flight didn't actually take off until 3:40 because of weather.  So after the few seconds you're irritated because you COULD HAVE made that first flight, you realize that you would've been MORE irritated having to wait to be cleared for take off.  At least this way the weather had time to clear up and we still had our set time.

 7:30 rolled around and I wasn't able to catch an awesome sunset but at least we were on our way.


Once we arrived in Miami, we just took an Uber to the hotel.  We arrived at the hotel around midnight and then found out we didn't have an actual room with the hotel but a private unit.  GRRRR... Luckily for us we had enough toiletries to get by and enough towels to make it the 5 nights without having to do laundry.

We passed out and when I woke up the next morning, I popped out of bed so I could check out our view.  I wasn't disappointed.


I sat on the balcony and enjoyed it until I got tired of sitting and wanted to lie back down.  Then I went inside and enjoyed the view from the bed until we felt like going for breakfast.


 I'll pick up there tomorrow.