i never got around to

making that banana bread.  I got around to mashing the bananas but then they turned brown when I decided to take a break so I threw them all out.  Seriously though.  I had absolutely no motivation to get up and do anything on Friday... when I eventually thought I felt like making the bread.  I did get up to go dancing that night though.  Lauren and John came down for her birthday to stay the weekend in Houston with Eric.  So if waking up at 4:30 Friday morning left me with no motivation, going to bed at 4:30 Saturday morning worked out about the same.

I was really going to try to sleep late.

I don't follow my own orders well.
I woke up at 7:30.  I pulled the eye shades back down and forced myself to go to sleep.  I woke up again at 9:30.  We made it to take Lauren for birthday lunch but then it was back home and back to bed where another nap kept me up until midnight.

We met up again on Sunday, minus Eric (who had a stomach bug) and Paige (who was off to celebrate her brother's birthday), feeling a little less out of it.  We went for lunch after doing a little shopping.  I don't eat crawfish but Lauren, John and Cosme do.  Well, that wasn't ALL they ate.  There was SO MUCH FOOD.


We went to BB's over by Eric's place.  They have "Tex-Orleans" and we had plenty of it.  Instead of sticking with my usual of shrimp and grits, I did a cup each of macaroni & cheese with beef debris, red beans & rice and something else that was grits with beef tips.  I didn't care for the beans and rice but everything else was good (but spicy).

Next time they come down, we really can't start the weekend with dancing.  That throws me off.  And maybe the next time they come down, everybody will be well and functioning at 100%.