we've been busy around

here.  Eric's packing up to move to Houston. 


I'm a little bit jealous.  I mean I like it here in the smaller towns.  It's quiet, no traffic, slower pace, you know, stuff like that.  But let's be real, Houston's my hometown.  I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss it.  Oh well, it's always an option but for now I'm enjoying it here.

I finally got around to using the rest of that pie crust I talked about the other day.  I used some of it for a few hand pies and the rest for a cobbler.


I think we all prefer the hand pies.  I only made five and they didn't last long.  These were apple but Eric requested cherry for next time. 
ps - I hate cherries.

I also went to the Cockrell Butterfly Center yesterday morning for a capture crawl.  Here are a couple of those images.


Is it just me or are these guys turning and looking at my camera?  I'm pretty sure they are.

That's all for today.  If I stay still for too long I might just take a nap.