yesterday was a great

day except for the fact I got a ticket.  My last ticket was about four years ago.  I'm the slowest driver because I don't want a ticket.  I was pulling into Brazoria yesterday, coming off the bridge, and a cop was parked and angled to catch the next one over.  I wasn't paying enough attention and was thinking about freshman orientation.  She got me for 53 in a 40 but I was actually in a 45.  Sure I was speeding but if she's going to run traffic, she needs to be accurate.
204

I'm not thrilled about the ticket and I should have known better but what really gets me is the fact it was in Brazoria.  I really have no respect for their police department.  They've been anything but helpful and have proven themselves to be worthless to me.  I won't say worthless because I enjoy laughing and I've gotten quite a few laughs from the big bad Brazoria police department.  Thinking about them really gets me worked up and they're not worth my time.  Now to make a decision on this ticket.  I could a) take defensive driving and give them less of my money but sit there and think about how much they unnerve me, b) pay the ticket and let it go but give them more money or c) fight the ticket's inaccuracy which would probably give me an ulcer and unleash my bad temper.  Option C is almost not worth it so it's between A and B.  I guess it depends on how much the fine is.  Whatever, I'm already getting worked up.  Have I mentioned how much I dislike Brazoria's police department?  Oh well at least I don't live there, making them part of my daily outing.

I was feeling pretty bitter last night and figured the only way to conquer that was to pop an apple pie in the oven.  That made everything better.
205