eric really wants to go

to A&M.  He always has.  That's great but there are also schools in Houston.  He got a postcard from Rice yesterday.  They're having an open house next month for Houston-area seniors.
218

I told Eric it was a sign that he should go to Rice because when he was about three, I had a bag of rice labeled in the refrigerator and he pointed it out and said that's his name backwards.  He corrected himself yesterday by letting me know that "Rice" is not "Eric" backwards but like I told him, he was little.  He was three, starting to read and was observant enough to see that "Rice" is "Eric" scrambled.  I mean if you put the E at the end, it would appear to be backwards.  One thing I'd never noticed was the shield for Rice, whose mascot is the owl, has little owls on it.  I just saw that this morning.  That's not the coolest thing I've seen, at all.
219

Anyway, he isn't interested in going to any open house they have.  One thing he is interested in though is a concert tonight.  Staying up all night tonight is going to make it a long day tomorrow.
220