i usually buy the local

newspaper on Wednesdays just to get all the ads from the local stores.  Last Wednesday I decided to walk down to the machine instead of drive.  I was ready to go with my phone, earbuds, two quarters (in case it's being tacky and spits out dimes or something), tennis shoes, sunglasses and everything.  I made the trek.  It was long and hot but I did it.  Apparently, since the previous Wednesday, they decided to jack the price up on their paper.  There I was with two quarters.  No, a nice person didn't offer to donate another two quarters and the newspaper fairy didn't show up to just hand me a free paper (it has been done before... seriously).  I had to walk home and get more money but then I took the car and bought the paper.  Today's Wednesday and I'm contemplating another walk.  It's so hot out but this time I'll be sure to have four quarters.  What if they bumped the price up again?  Then forget it, that paper's not worth any extra.
199