i'm not really on a

diet because I have no rules.  I guess I'm just being more selective with what I eat.  I'll still have a donut if I end up at Shipley but I might not have a Coke to go with it.  Bad example because I'm only drinking one Coke a day (unless more is necessary) and I'm not about to have it at the crack of dawn.  I'll have that donut and not eat part of a kolache too.  That's more accurate.  As for that daily Coke, if I've already had it and we go out, I won't pass on Crown and Coke because I've already met my Coke quota for the day.  I'm just being selective and practical.  I ate breakfast this morning and never snacked on anything until lunch, not even that blueberry loaf that I'm about to have a slice of now.  See?  That's what I mean.  I'm just being a little more mindful.  That's the Melanie Diet: eat what you want but don't go crazy (unless you're in the mood to).  I even stuck with my plan when I was at Kroger earlier.

Normally I would buy Twinkie ice cream.  Who wouldn't?  Today I passed.


I don't like beer but I was shopping before lunch so hot dog and chips sounded good.  I passed.


I even passed on Chicken & Waffles Lays.


They had two different kinds of Girl Scout cereal.  Thin Mints and Caramel Crunch.


I totally caved and got the box of Caramel Crunch.  I've even sampled a couple of handfuls and it's good.  I'll probably just eat it by itself and not in a bowl with milk.  But here's the thing, I'm not following it with a Twinkie ice cream cone.  Selective and mindful.

There you have it.  The Melanie Diet.  Wait.  Maybe I shouldn't call it The Melanie Diet.  Not that it's a bad name, but The Melanie Diet would require you to do it for a few days and quit.  We'll see.  If I stick with it, I'll change the name.