i seriously tried to post

last week.  Honestly.  For some reason I couldn't get my pictures to send.  I still don't know why.  Regardless of what didn't happen last week, I'm here today and that's what counts.  We're getting quite a bit of rain today... again.  Last week's rain was a little more severe so I hauled my plants into the garage since high winds were expected.  Today's a different story.  I pushed my pots up against the wall and left them out there.  Look at all my not-so-hard work getting watered.


There's the rosemary from however long ago I planted it and I put thyme right behind it.  The chives are in the front urn-looking pot and then there's the basil on the left.  Once that gets going I could use it on days like today when I'm having lasagna for breakfast.  Actually, I don't put basil on my lasagna but Cosme does.  You know what's good?  Put basil in a little food chopper and get it nice and mutilated then add softened butter to that and mix the mess out of it.  Take that and spread it over warm sourdough bread.  Yum.  That's what I need basil for. 

I would say a little more but I've got to go clean, unpack and do laundry after the weekend's barn dance and trip to Milo's.  Let's hope the rain doesn't steer me back to the tv and a blanket on the couch.  Man, that sounds awesome.