it's that moment

that most people avoid.  There is one cold Coke in the refrigerator and it's raining so the trip to the store to buy more is dreaded and the only thing to do is hold off and try to plan out the perfect moment to pop open that last can.  UGH.  Sure, I could drink water but where's the fun and enjoyment in that?  That's easy: there is none.  I've said it before that most people enjoy coffee in the morning but I don't like coffee.  I have a whole cold 12 pack of Diet Dr. Pepper but it's not the same, people.  Would I ask a coffee drinker to settle for a hot tea?  I don't think so.

Another dilemma: I was opening the Halloween candy and realized I only bought stuff we like.  You know how you're supposed to buy good stuff and bad stuff to hand out all the bad stuff (like Dum Dums, Smarties and SweetTarts) and turn the lights off when that's gone and you're only left with your good stuff (like peanut M&M's, KitKats, Snickers and Reece's).  It's come to that.

It looks like a trip to the store is inevitable.  I don't know why I put myself in these do or die situations.  Oh, the humanity.

In other, more uplifting news, last night was the first of our two night haunted house.  It's so much fun.  I love scaring people and it makes all the hard work worth it when we can make them start to cry.  There were a couple of times I was having to look down and follow the people in a creepy way just because I knew I would start laughing.  I'm at the beginning of the haunted house and there's a girl with a mask about 10 feet away.  I started following a group of three girls and it was perfect.

Me: [following and growling and hissing] Don't go in there...
One of the three girls: Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! [squealing with panic]
Another one: turn on your light so we can see!!!
The third one: NO!  Then she will see us!!!
The masked girl 10 feet down: [growling] But I see you now... ROAR!
Three girls: [SCREAM!!!!]
Masked girl and me: blood curling screams as the three girls run away leaving us with a well deserved double handed high five

That's what I'm talking about.  I heard the exorcism room with Cosme was a hit.  The priest gave him a few things to say in Latin as the girl on the bed screamed and shook while he also threw holy water.  How could that not be awesome?  He won't be there tonight so we have a few hours to find a replacement.

Anyway, here's a picture from last night.  It's me with my "crystal ball".  The only reason you can see me so well is because the masked girl held her phone up for some light.  Before that I was just in front of my glowing crystal ball with a black light up above.